Advocacy Day 2010
Tips for Effective Advocacy
1. Who are my Senators/Representatives? Click here to search for your Congressmen by your zip code or state. Once their profile appears, click on their picture for contact information.
2. Schedule your appointments EARLY! Contact your Representative's & Senator's offices and schedule an appointment. If you are not able to secure an appointment with your Congressmen directly, try to meet with a member of their staff (specifically their Housing or Financial Services Legislative Aid). The earlier you make an appointment, the better!
3. Input your appointment information into NAMB's Capwiz system. You must input your appointment information in order to receive your Advocacy Day packets including talking points and leave-behind documents. Please click here to input your appointment information.
4. At the conference.
1) Attend General Sessions and hear from experienced panelists on the most important issues affecting the industry.
2) Review your Registration Packet information and pick up your Advocacy Day packet early to review the materials. The packets will be available at the registration table. We will not be releasing these items prior to the event. You must register for Advocacy Day and log your appointment information to receive this packet.
3) Attend the How to Lobby seminar in the morning prior to your meeting.
5. Fill out a Feedback Form in NAMB's Capwiz system. Feedback forms help the Government Affairs staff schedule follow-up meetings and see how legislators feel on a particular issue. Click here to fill one out!
6. Questions? Contact a member of the Government Affairs team and we will be happy to assist you.
Jon Otto, Assistant Director, Government Affairs
(703) 342-5851, firstname.lastname@example.org